The Outbound Supervisor plans, organizes, and directs the daily activities in the operation to include accuracy in the receipt, documentation, storage, safety, distribution of equipment and supplies as well as the maintenance of inventory and personnel administration.
This facility is 150,000 ft, employees fifty people and ships 10,000 ecommerce orders on peak days. A successful candidate should thrive on running a team with a sense of urgency and purpose while enjoying working with a prominent level of technology.
This is 1 of 9 North American facilities in our network. The position will have access to collaboration and support from across the business.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the outbound staff; schedules and organizes staff to ensure proper staffing of all shifts.
- Hires and trains new warehouse employees.
- Manages discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities of the Position:
- Oversees the picking and carton packing process to ensure the accuracy of customer orders.
- Trains, supervises, coaches, and evaluates the performance of direct reports.
- Oversees warehouse WIP (work in progress) screens, picking queues, and zone maintenance.
- Monitors work-flow during peak and non-peak periods shifting headcount to volumes.
- Drives efficiencies in warehouse operations, best practices, safety, and housekeeping.
- Ensures the safe use and operation of all powered equipment and machinery.
- Complies with all OSHA and Company safety regulatory practices.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.
- Forklift Certified.
- At least two years of outbound management experience required.
- Three years supervisory experience required.
- Able to operate various pieces of equipment/technology (e.g., tablets, desktop computers, mobile scanners, pallet jacks, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent supervisory and people skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent math and counting skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skill.
- Thorough understanding of warehouse policies and procedures.
- A sense of urgency and self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems and issues.
- Thorough understanding of applicable federal, state, local, and company safety policies.
Position Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift to 60+ pounds at a time.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time/duration of shift.
- Must be able to hear and see in accordance with safety measures in the warehouse.
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of the warehouse.
ShipHero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.